Thursday, December 17, 2015

Essay #3 Reflection

I enjoyed making the video for Essay #3 because I feel like it is something I will be able to show my kids in the future, or just re-watch it for myself to remember what my first semester of college was like. It will be nice to look back and reflect upon it and see how my life/ideas about engineering has changed since then. For the interviews I chose the most important people in my life that have to do with my college experience. My parents because they support me through everything and my roommate Pat because he is my best friend at Manhattan and the person I spend the most time with. The equipment that I used was just the camera and microphone on my iPhone and iMovie to put the videos I took altogether. The interviewing skills I developed were to ask the right questions and also to gather more information than I needed. The first thing I did for my project was take the interviews and once I had those and gathered the pictures I feel like the story was already there I just had to piece it together. The different types of media I used were, audio recordings of myself narrating the video, interviews, newspaper articles and video. I used subheadings to help me piece my work together and tell the story of what people were looking at too. Subheadings along with my audio narration hopefully clarified to people what they were looking at during the video. I had fun making this project and although it took a good amount of time I feel like it was time well spent because I will have this video to reflect upon the first semester of college for the rest of my life.

1 comment: